How to Apply to Running Start
- FALL 2018: September 21, 2018
- WINTER 2019: January 4, 2019
- SPRING 2019: March 29, 2019
Please complete these 6 simple steps PRIOR to the deadlines.
1. Browse programs and services
- Review the Running Start program information online
- Browse Shoreline Community College catalog and class schedule to find courses compatible with your high school schedule and requirements.
- Discuss your interest in Running Start with the dedicated advisor at Shoreline Community College, your parent/guardian, and high school counselor.
- Plan ahead before your high school registration period; see Running Start deadlines above
- Apply to Running Start
- In Section 2 of the application, put “RUNNING START” when answering Question #4.
Activate your Shoreline GO email.
3. Advising & Placement
- Email proof of placement into English 101 to firstname.lastname@example.org or submit in person, FOSS 5000 Building, Room 5229. You will then receive an email with instructions to sign up for a Running Start Information and Registration session and to complete the Running Start Orientation online.
- Sign up to attend a Running Start Information and Registration session.
- Complete Running Start Orientation online.
- *Complete the Running Start Enrollment Verification Form with your high school counselor listing your requested class(es) and alternates. This form must be completed every quarter and be signed by your parent/guardian, even if you are 18 years old.
*Please note, for students applying for the Fall quarter, we advise you to complete this step before the school year ends, as you will not have access to your high school counselors during Summer break. Otherwise, you may have to wait until they become available when the school year resumes in August.
4. Find Funding
- Tuition is free up to 15 credits per quarter. Students are responsible for the costs of college fees, textbooks, and transportation.
- Students receiving free/reduced lunch or in foster care are eligible for fee waivers and textbook assistance. Students should complete and submit the Fee Waiver/Book Assistance form. Contact the Running Start office for more information.
5. Register & Pay
- Attend your Running Start Information and Registration session.
- Bring with you to your session: Enrollment Verification Form, Orientation Quiz, Student & Parent Agreement Form, and if applicable Fee Waiver/Book Assistance and Authorization to Release Information Forms.
- Your advisor will help you register for classes at this session.
- Pay for fees (if applicable) at the Cashier in person or via phone.